Saturday, October 5, 2013

I am Annabelle

Bad at selfies, good at growing dahlias!
I love the natural beauty and tranquility of the Mendocino Coast. I moved here over 14 years ago from San Francisco and slid right into a life more slowly-paced, which was a welcome change to my urban adventures (which I did love dearly for two decades). But the rural north coast was a much easier place to raise two little kids. I like to write, sightsee, and explore, so this blog is a way for me to share what I love about living here.

With my bestie in Uxmal
I originally named the blog "Annabelle's Getaway" because I have a sweet little vacation rental on my property in Fort Bragg, CA and the blog was an easy way to share the link with people. (Now we call it the Tree House--it is nestled amidst a small grove of cypress and firs--and it is much easier to book through airbnb.) We have had countless friends, family members, and charming strangers stay in it over the years. I enjoy showing off our coast to them, so much so that I started giving tours a year ago. I relish all of the stories and conversations I have with visitors about this special part of the world, but I also love to hear about the places they are from as well. The tours feed my traveler's curiosity and give my inner tour guide an outlet! I don't get to travel nearly as often as time or budget or life will allow, so I get my kicks from other people's adventure stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment